Looking for feedbackPosted by Psychochild
The Internet Crashed has been up and going for about 2 weeks now; that’s practically an eternity in internet time. So, I figured it’s time to share some thoughts about the site and get your opinion on what you would like to see.
Most of you have visited via my main site, http://psychochild.org/, and know that I’m a game developer. One motivation for this site is to build up a community for a future, independent cyberpunk-themed MMO. That design is still in the works and I’m not ready to quite open discussion on the plans, but your discussion on here can help shape the game. And, as I’ve said, having more people visit the site will show an interest in cyberpunk, so go out there and let the world know about the site.
That said, my goal here isn’t just to create a marketing site for a game. I really enjoy cyberpunk and want to build a community of people who like cyberpunk and want to discuss the history, present, and future of the genre. I’d like to see people become excited about cyberpunk again even outside the context of my own projects. (We might even stray into some related genres, such as steampunk.) To that end, I’ve gathered some talented writers and artists to help write articles and maintain this site. We’ve already seen some work from some of them, and I hope you’ll get to know everyone on the team soon.
We’re working on content as we speak. I’ve talked to a few up-and-coming cyberpunk authors about interviews for the site. One writer was discussing a series of articles about Ghost in the Shell: Innocence, writing about the topics in that mind-bending movie.
So, the next important step is to hear from you. Let us know what you think…
- What type of content do you want to see? Reviews, commentary on cyberpunk works, essays about the future as shown by cyberpunk media, historical analysis of the genre, or something else?
- What type of content do you not want to see? Anything in particular make you roll your eyes and run away?
- What are some of your favorite works that you’d like us to write about? Any obscure gems that you think we should look at?
- What authors would you like to see interviews with? What type of questions would you like to see us ask?
- Any thoughts about how we can get the word out about this site? I don’t have the funds to run a TV advertising campaign, so let’s look at low-cost ways.
- Anything else you can think of? Get it off your chest!
Also, you got something cyberpunk to say that won’t fit in a comment? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to submit a guest piece for publication on here. I’m happy to post up quality work by others. In fact, looks like I have one sitting in my email inbox already. :)
Finally, I’d like to give a special thanks to all of you, our early supporters. It’s always a bit scary to start up a new project like this, because you can never be sure that your passion is shared by others. I’d also like to thank the contributors to this site, people who shared the passion. Without the support of the contributors and the fans, this site won’t last long. Keep up the good work!